The Journey Awaits



Image result for You got this
There are many steps that lead up to getting this position of leadership. Auditioning to become a Captain can take one day, but it takes days and even years to prove you are meant to be. Proving to your teammates and current dance captain's that you are worthy of becoming next, takes place on and off the dance floor.

Being a captain consist of CONTROLLING your team, making CHOICES whether it be big or small, and working hard for SUCCESS.

The main goal when making a good impression begins with attending every practice, being on time, giving your all, and most importantly showing that you enjoy being on the team.

When I became dance captain for my team, I auditioned my sophomore year to become an "Officer" for the team my junior year. Being an officer for my team, meant that I was one of the girls in charge but I was not the head person in charge. With that being said, everyone knew I was next in place too be named captain. With me knowing that, I still did not stop to prove to everyone on my team that I was meant for that spot. I constantly showed my determination in every way I could. I never stopped showing my teammates that I was the "perfect" one for that spot.

Game Time
Being a captain does not mean just showing up to practice. Setting formations a head of time with your other captains, taking extra rehearsals on the side, staying organized, and setting the tone and standard, is what takes to be THE captain.

Rough Roads
Always remember to treat everyone equally. It can be tough telling your best friend on the team that they need to give more and go "full-out" when they are not. But as captain, it is always a great reminder the avoid conflict. If you need to correct someone in front of everyone do so, but if that does not work out, pull them aside. It is good to be respected as a captain, so never disrespect your own.

Finally, out side of being a captain there are three things to consider:

  • Events
  • Practicing
  • Music selection/choreography
Besides practicing for the big showcase at the end of the year, there are always events that need to be attended. Being on a team, means your schedule is always packed with events. As a captain, it is your goal too makes sure it goes as smooth as possible. Making the most out of each practice is most important. You want to get as much done as you can. And picking music while coming up with choreography is your creative hands. However, do not be afraid to reach out!

shorturl.at/fjzDI





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Major Key Alert

"GO Captain!"

Rising Issue in the dance community